Attending school every day is important for every child.
We support children (and their families) to get them there.
The Remote School Attendance Strategy (RSAS) is an Australian government initiative that involves working with schools, families, parents and community organisations to ensure all children go to school every day.
The RSAS began in 2014, and is being implemented in partnership with communities and schools in Western Australia, New South Wales, South Australia, Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Every day counts.
REFAP runs the RSAS program in Roebourne. School attendance team members work with schools to help parents and families make sure children can go to school. This can include:
- Talking to children and families about why going to school every day is important.
- Working with families to see why children are not attending school, and what help might be needed.
- Providing practical support like helping to organise school transport, lunches, uniforms, homework and after-school care.
- Monitoring attendance and following up on student absences.
- Celebrating and rewarding improved attendance.
All school attendance team members have working with children checks.